Level 1 workbook and mp3′s
The Healing Journey is normally taught in a group but you can download the Level 1 workbook and mp3′s here so you can start to go through it on your own.
Level 1 teaches basic relaxation, thought management, communicating feelings, mental imaging techniques, and setting goals.
Among the topics covered are:
- how self-help activities can make you feel more in control of your cancer
- how to recognise sources of stress and deal with them
- how to develop feelings of deep relaxation in your body
- what the Healing Journey path is and where it leads
- how to stop anxious thoughts from taking over your mind
- how imagery allows you to influence your life and health
- the importance of seeking support from your friends and your family
- how to decide what really important in your life by imagining an ideal day in the future.
The exercises in the workbook and on the audios should be carried out in addition to the medical treatment you are having.
Click on the button below to download it. It is in pdf format.
It is suggested that you spend a week or so on each session doing the exercises in them and also practising the relaxation or another technique at least once a day, but more regularly if you are keen.
There are 4 audios for level 1 which take you through some of the basic self-help techniques taught. You can either listen to them on the site or download them. To download an mp3 onto your hard drive, Windows users should right click and then click on ‘Save link as’. Mac users should ctrl-click and then “Save Link As…”.
|1. Deep muscle relaxation|
|2. Deep inner relaxation|
|3. Mental imagery for healing|
|4. An ideal day in the future|