If you are a health professional, this page will tell you about the benefits of the Healing Journey and give you information about how you might put on a course.
Health Professionals Newsletter
If you sign up to our Health Professionals Newsletter, we can keep you up-to-date with all our news, including details of when and where Healing Journey courses are being put on.
The benefits of the Healing Journey
Here are some of the reasons why we think the Healing Journey is so beneficial:
- it combines many disparate approaches, so it can help participants in lots of different ways. It also allows participants to test different approaches so they can find out which are most helpful for them
- it starts simply with a short 4-week course and then each level provides increasing levels of depth. This prevents participants from being overwhelmed with too much information initially but then allows them to deepen their experience as they go further into the programme. In addition, because the programme develops gradually, it allows people to gradually develop confidence in the safety of the group and its leaders
- it encourages people to explore and let go of internal obstacles to wellbeing such as being down on yourself
- delivering the Healing Journey in groups increases the motivation of participants. In addition, the quality of relationships participants build as well as the support they can give each other helps everyone to progress faster
- the Healing Journey aims to help participants discover approaches and ways of thinking that are effective and right for each individual. Because there is no particular line or set of beliefs being pushed, we reduce any dependence on group leaders as well as help participants develop their individuality
- it gives participants a vision of a different way of living which motivates change and helps them to identify meaning and authentic purpose in their lives
- the courses draw on knowledge and wisdom from both West and East
- we provide considerable course material so self-study is easy
- the programme is strongly evidence-based and research on it has been done over 25 years. See the Research page.
Putting on a Healing Journey course at your location
Please contact Petra Griffiths if you’re interested in putting on a Healing Journey course at your hospital or other location.
In the future, we hope to be able to offer a list of people who can lead courses.
“The Healing Journey has already improved the quality of life for many patients living with and beyond cancer during its implementation in Canada.
I think it is an excellent programme which equips those affected by cancer to discover existing inner resources and to develop new ones, to get the most out of life.
In addition to those currently having treatment for cancer, there are others who are living beyond cancer, having survived. Both categories will benefit from the skills and techniques taught and experienced in this programme. ”
Pat Webb, Principal Lecturer: Cancer and Palliative Care, Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, St. George’s University of London